SINGER 8763 Curvy Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine
SINGER 8763 Curvy Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machineby Singer
- (110 reviews)
- Write a review
- SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader is the easiest threading
- 30 built-in stitches: six essential stitches, five stretch stitches, 17 decorative stitches, two buttonholes
- Automatic stitch length and width ensure the right stitch settings every time
- Two fully automatic on-step buttonholes provide professional results at the touch of a button
- Drop & Sew bobbin system has automatic bobbin thread pick-up for quicker threading. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
- Price: $194.52 Save: 35%
- $299.99 List Price
- In Stock
- With Free Shipping
- Ships and sold by Amazon.com
- Marketplace (42 New & Used)
- from: $151.60
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Brand: Singer
- Platforms: Windows
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 8 x 12.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 21.2 pounds
- Item ID: upc:151903001134
- Item ID: ean:0988889304443
The SINGER 8763 Curvy sewing machine
The SINGER 8763 Curvy sewing machine boasts 30 built-in stitches including two fully automatic one-step buttonholes, adjustable stitch length and width, and Drop and Sew bobbin system.
The SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader will make threading your machine extremely easy and frustration-free. Popular quilting stitches and an extra-high presser foot lifter allows for expert quilting. Three StayBright LED lights keep your sewing space illuminated.
SwiftSmart Threading System with Automatic Needle ThreaderSewing’s biggest timesaver.
Adjustable Stitch Length and WidthThe right stitch settings every time.
Drop and Sew Bobbin SystemAutomatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading.
2 Fully Automatic One-Step ButtonholesProfessional results at the touch of a button.
WarrantyLimited 25-year warranty, including 5 years on electronic components and 1 year on adjustments.
Ready, Set, Sew! DVDA complete introduction to sewing machines.
Additional Features and Benefits
Electronic Sewing Machine with Push-Button Stitch SelectionWith just a simple push of a button you have selected the stitch and the optimum settings for length, width, balance, pressure and tension.
Automatic ReversePush the conveniently located automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
7mm Stitch WidthMost stitches can be set for a maximum width of 7mm. When sewing decorative stitches or satin stitches, the wide stitches are bolder and more pronounced.
Twin Needle SewingBy using a twin needle and manually reducing the stitch width, two parallel rows can be sewn to add a decorative touch. Create pintucks and more with twin needle sewing.
Sewing SpeedWith a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches-per minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
Automatic TensionThis system ensures stable stitch quality, whatever type of fabric is being used.
Five Snap-on Presser FeetExpands your creative sewing possibilities.
Automatic Bobbin Winding ClutchNeedle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer.
6-Segment Feeding SystemThis is a specially designed feed dog that ensures that the fabric is picked up and supported from the front of the presser foot to the rear. This makes for much more accurate feeding.
Box FeedThis is a feed dog motion that moves the feed dogs in a box motion, rather than the historic arc motion. Box motion assures perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process, as the feed dogs are always in perfect and equal contact with the fabric and presser foot.
Thread CutterLocated for precise thread cutting, eliminating the extra step of cutting thread with scissors.
Free ArmProvides professional results and easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas.
Portable and Cabinet MountableMachine has a built-in carry handle, making it easy to transport the machine. Machine can be mounted into a cabinet.
Heavy-Duty Metal FrameThis rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect, skip-free sewing.
On-Board StorageStorage of accessories in the closed-lid conversion-table-accessory storage area means accessories are always handy.
Electronic Stitch FormationAll stepper motors are electronically controlled. Digital electronic control of the stepper motors that control the pattern formation allows for perfectly formed patterns every time.
Optimum Power ControlA control system senses when additional power is required to maintain speed through thick or changing fabric conditions. This feature is most useful when sewing through multiple (six to eight) layers of fabric.
30 Built-In Stitches
Included stitch guide is a handy reference that tells you when to use every stitch and setting.
Accessories Included (Shipped Inside the Free Arm Storage Area Within the Machine)
- All-purpose foot
- Zipper foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Blind-hem foot
- Satin-stitch foot
- Pack of needles
- Thread-spool caps
- Auxiliary spool pin
- Spool pin felt
- Darning plate
- Needle plate screwdriver
- Seam ripper/lint brush
- Soft-sided dust cover
Bobbin Class: 15
Needles: 2020 and 2045
Light Bulb: 3 StayBright LED Lights
Consumers ChoiceMore people own SINGER machines than all other brands combined.
SINGER is sewing made easy.Founded in 1851, Singer is one of the world’s leading sellers of consumer and artisan sewing machines, and one of the world’s most trusted and recognizable brands. The company has a long history of innovation, having produced, among other breakthroughs, the world’s first portable machine, the first zigzag machine and the first computer-controlled machine.
By making simple, easy-to-use machines, Singer has provided the gateway to sewing for people around the world. From home décor and clothing construction to embroidery and quilting, Singer is dedicated to helping people express themselves through sewing.
After doing a lot of research, I chose THIS sewing machine for some pretty specific reasons:
1. It's pretty heavy, weighing in at 27 pounds. Why is this a benefit? It's sturdy, very sturdy, with a metal frame inside. Everything I've read leads me to believe that the lighter plastic machines simply don't last, while the old-school metal monstrosities keep working forever. I feel that this one has the best of both worlds. It looks sleek and classy, but can still sew through multiple layers of denim or thick fleece with no trouble.
2. The controls are all analog, with no digital programming to malfunction. You just push the buttons to select your stitch and go, and there are sliding levers for stitch width.
I've sewn several different kinds of fabrics both light and heavy and it handles them all great!